Nyanya Blast: Aminu Ogwuche For Arraignment July 9
Justice Ademola Adeniyi of the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court on tuesday 1st of July, fixed July 9 for the Federal Government to arraign the alleged mastermind of the April 14 bomb explosion that killed over 75 persons at a motor park in Nyanya Abuja, Aminu Ogwuche.
The court fixed the date after the three-count criminal charge that was entered against the accused person came up for mention yesterday.
The charge, which was filed before the high court by the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, was signed by a Deputy Superintendent of Police, Mr. Oloye Torugbene.
Meanwhile, it was not revealed whether or not the accused, who had been in the custody of the Interpol in Sudan, has been released to the Nigerian government.
Similarly, the High Court, yesterday, fixed the same date to resume the trial of Senator Mohammed Ndume, who is also facing trial over the allegation that he furnished the sect with information that aided their operations in Nigeria.
Ndume, who is currently representing Borno South Federal Constituency in the Senate, was said to have supplied the sect with the telephone numbers of top government officials.
An alleged accomplice of the lawmaker and a self confessed spokesman of the sect, Ali Sanda Umar Konduga, had since been jailed for three years after he pleaded guilty to terrorism charges filed against him by the government.
Konduga was said to be the middleman between the sect and Ndume.
A Nokia E7 phone with which Ndume allegedly used in communicating with Konduga and another Nokia 2700 that belonged to the convict, were admitted in evidence by trial Justice Kolawole.