Family of five dies after food poisoning
Another tragedy has befell the people of a community in the Ekwusigo local government area of Anambra sate, as a family of five was wiped out after feeding on a meal suspected to have been poisoned.
The incident happened at Ndieke Umuatuegwu village in Okija, just few kilometers away from Ozubulu where gunmen massacred church worshippers last week.
The mother of the house had served the food she personally cooked for her husband, who until his death was a commercial motorcyclist.
While her husband returned from work, he was ready to eat the meal prepared by his lovely wife and invited the three of their children to join the dining table, without suspecting that they were about to take their last meal on earth.
Information has it that they started vomiting blood shortly after they began eating. They were rushed to a nearby hospital but unfortunately, none of them survived.
His wife who didn't join them to eat the food slumped and died on Monday when she received the death news of his husband and children and couldn't withstand the trauma of losing them.
When the police try to investigate the matter the villagers became apprehensive, they insist that the search into the actual cause of the sudden death of the entire family must be done spiritually.
Their lifeless bodies are been brought out daily for spiritual activities in a bid to get revelation into the cause of their death.
Report by Ajibade Awofeso